Dear Magical Recipes family, I am sure that many of you are aware of your psychic abilities and mediumship skills and I chose to dedicate a piece of work on how you can identify which aspects are more evolved and how you can further improve your abilities.
We are going to explore how the different chakras are related to our psychic/mediumship skills and familiarise you with opening and closing your chakras, which is step one to all psychic work.
Everybody has psychic abilities, while some are more adept at using them, everybody can strengthen these skills. The traditional schools of thought have identified three main ways of receiving information using psychic abilities based on the source (or which means we use to connect and get information). The psychic can receive information : -about a person/event etc by linking with the person or the area (auric reading), -an object which acts as a link (psychometry) or -by connecting with spirit guides and ancestors (mediumship).
The Four ‘Clairs’ of Psychic Abilities
Now let’s have a look on which channels of communication we are using to receive this information (or how we receive the information once connected). These channels of communication are usually referred to as psychic abilities/gifts/senses and they are known as the clairs (from French clair: clear). The clairs show us how we communicate with spirit and how we have our messages delivered. The three traditional ways are:
- Clairvoyance: The ability to see mental images/events which they may be symbolic or real.
- Clairaudience: The ability to attain auditory information. For example, hear information which may be useful, hear sounds which relate to an event or place etc.
Clairvoyance and clairaudience sometimes are intertwined where the information comes in a live form similar to watching a video.
- Clairsentience: The ability to receive information through the other senses. For example, feeling a taste (sweet/bitter etc.), temperature (hot/cold), a texture (sand, mud, liquid etc) or shapes in addition it can expand to a more empathic level for example having the same body reactions or feeling emotions of another.
Now, in modern literature there is a fourth clair that has come up and I think that from personal experience it deserves a seat among the other. The fourth clair is:
- Claircognizance: the ability to have ideas or thoughts directly from spirit in the form of telepathy and by simply knowing- to my experience claircognizance is very close to our intuition however the information comes from an external source to us.
An example can be that you have a sudden idea about your best friend and you find out that he is in trouble. Of course, there is much room for debate and my intention is only to provide food for thought. Now let’s have a look at the chakra system and the different theories on how they relate to the four clairs.
Chakras and psychic abilities
In order to achieve maximum results I suggest that you initially ground yourselves and you open every single chakra to let the energy flow then what you need to do is to draw energy and raise the energy level of the chakra. I will show you how you can achieve that in easy steps- the foundation of all psychic work is learning to opening and closing your chakra, raising your frequency and expanding your aura.
Opening up and grounding. Rule 1: Eyes closed!
- Root and sacral chakras: The root chakra is based at the base of your spine and pulses with red colour, the colour of life. The root chakra connects us with Earth, it is linked with survival and our Earth Self – the physical body. Common blockages are survival fears and questions which are usually connected to the root chakra are: Will I survive? Am I safe? When will I die? etc.
- The sacral chakra (also known as the spleen chakra) is based in the lower abdomen near our genitals and pulses with orange energy. It is linked to our creativity, personal power, joy and sexuality. Common blockages are questions having to do with what we want and feel for example: Why I cannot feel pleasure? Do I have enough money? When I will be a mother? etc.
Most people in everyday life focus on these two chakras and that is how we are linked to the material plane. These chakras are vital for us to live and enjoy life, as we are going to take off and reach higher spiritual planes it is important to strengthen the connection with the material. After all the role of a psychic is to transfer the information received from spiritual sources back to the material plane.
Step one for this exercise is to open up your root chakra. Imagine it turning faster and faster with a red light, and bringing energy from your lower body to the upper chakras. Then move the energy from the root chakra up to the sacral chakra and imagine it opening with a vibrant orange light. Now it is time to strengthen your grounding!
- Grounding tip: Once opened and you can see in your mind that these two chakras are pulsing with their respective light visualise your legs to grow move further into the earth like roots touching the core of the Earth. Alternatively, you may wish to see an anchor at the core of the earth linked to the base of your spine sinking you down. You can always be creative and find other ways to strengthen the connection with earth for example see your legs sinking in mud etc. be creative as there is no right and wrong way. The examples which I used are tried and tested and they aim to keep you safe.
Moving the energy further Solar plexus and heart chakras:
- Solar Plexus: It is based a few centimetres above your navel and pulses with the colour yellow. When ready bring the energy from the root chakra up to the solar plexus and imagine the chakra opening. Solar plexus is where our personal power resides and shows the way we project ourselves to the world.
- Heart Chakra: First step moving forward, you need to strengthen your grounding as we shoot higher up to the heart. Once your feel that you are well grounding, bring the energy higher to the heart chakra. The chakra of infinite love, compassion and emotional well being. Feel the chakra pulsing with a radiant green colour. As it opens, feel the concept of unconditional love pulsing on your whole being, feel the sacred heart lighting up the Cosmos. Feel the radiance of your love, your compassion, your divinity. The heart chakra along with the solar plexus assist with clairsentience.
The higher realms
- Throat Chakra: Bring the energy up to the throat chakra at the center of your neck – you can easily find it if you say a long Aaaah! and feel with your fingertips the exact location that the vibration takes place- let it spin and open. It pulses with a sky blue colour and is the center of communication and free self-expression. Feel the glory of this chakra as the energy shoots up and allows you to communicate freely with the world of Spirit. The throat chakra along with the secondary ear chakras assist with clairaudience (note that the ear chakras are not included in this process, if you feel like it you can imagine beautiful sky blue lights at the centre of your ears.)
- Third eye chakra: Bring the energy higher up, in the middle of your forehead, a little above your brows. Feel the chakra vibrating with a beautiful radiant indigo colour and let it open. Third eye chakra is the chakra of intuition, inner guidance, and is the chakra which assists with all psychic abilities and mainly used for clairvoyance.
- Crown chakra: The crown chakra does not participate in the process which I described. Feel free to imagine a pillar of white light coming at the top of your head and bathing all chakras with pure light raising their frequency. The crown chakra is the God Unity chakra our connection with the divine Self. Once you feel that you are ready imagine a pillar of white light shooting up to the heavens expanding your aura and feeling radiant, like a vibrant alive star.
For everyone who is interested in doing psychic work it is essential to familiarise your self with the above exercises of grounding, opening your chakras, raising your frequency and expanding your aura. This will assist all your psychic and magical work, contacting spirits or any form of divination. When we are with our chakras open and our auras expanded we raise our frequency and messages can flow smoothly. This method is tried and tested but make any adaptations that you may think will benefit you. It is essential to practice as we will have upcoming exercises that can put your skills and abilities to the test.
Now we are going to see how we close our spirit body and the chakras (please note that the spirit body and the chakras never really close- this terminology is used to highlight that we are returning to our physical every day life). You don’t want to go out in the world with your chakras open and your spirit expanded- not only you will experience everything with a heightened awareness but can also prove dangerous so please be mindful.
Closing the chakras and retiring back to our every day physical life
Imagine the pillar of white light at the top of your head, it is dissipating 1, 2, 3 vanished. See your third eye chakra slowing down its vibration, it folds its petals like a flower. 1, 2, 3 the energy is falling down to your throat chakra.
The throat chakra is closing down, it turns slower and slower and 1, 2, 3 the energy is falling. Down, down to your heart chakra, feel the feeling of unconditional love surrounding you, it’s there all over you, and the energy is closing down, leaving you relaxed, the chakra is closing and the energy is falling to your solar plexus.
Feel the energy above your navel turning slower and slower, the beautiful chakra is closing and the energy is coming down to your sacral chakra. 1, 2, 3 the chakra is closing, the energy is falling to your root chakra it is now spinning less quickly, it turning back to its normal pace.
Feel your aura around your body, like a piece of armour surrounding you, like your favourite coat hugging your body with love and care. When you are ready open your eyes.
I advise you to practice with this exercise prior to any psychic work. In my upcoming articles we are going to go deeper on using the chakras, testing our abilities and becoming more adept to psychic work!