This is the Second part of the Crystal Magic Initiation in order to become a powerful and wise Crystal Witch. The First part can be found here. Moreover you can get valuable information for all crystals in our Ultimate List here. You can even find a detailed article of Nixie Vale on Andara Crystals.
Q: What crystals correspond to the elements?
A: When you do research into corresponding crystals to the elements you will notice there is some common with other elements, and they may have more than one association. Very valuable on Crystal Magic.
- Crystals for Air – Amethyst, Citrine, Diamond, Mica, Opal, Tiger’s Eye, Topaz. Turquoise, Sphene, Clear Fluorite, Zircon, Beryl, Snow Quartz, and Vivanite
- Crystals for Earth – Agate, Celestite, Green Jade, Green Tourmaline, Halite, Hematite, Jasper, Jet, Malachite, Onyx, Obsidian, Peridot, Quartz, Salt and Black Tourmaline.
- Crystals for Fire – Amber, Carnelian, Citrine, Fire Agate, Fire Opal, Garnet, Lava Rock, Red Calcite, Red Jasper, Red Tourmaline, Ruby, Sardonyx, Sunstone, Volcanic Black Salt
- Crystals for Water – Amethyst, Aqua Aura, Aquamarine, Moonstone, Azurite, Blue Calcite, Blue Lace Agate, Blue Topaz, Celestite, Chalcedony, Chrysocolla, Blue Tourmaline, Lapis Lazuli, Pearl, Pink Tourmaline, Sea Salt, Sapphire, Sodalite.
- Crystals for Spirit – Apophyllite, Danburite, Diamond, Phenacite, Selenite, Optical Calcite, Quartz.
Q: What can tumblestones be used for?
A: Tumblestones are possibly the most versatile forms of gemstones in crystal magic. They are smallish smooth stones that have been highly polished. They are popular among collectors, healers, Reiki masters and even with children.
They are decorative and can even be made into jewellery, you can use them to create gem elixirs or tonics – as long as they are safe to do so. They make excellent presents for friends, family and loved ones, they also make great party favours at weddings, baby showers, parties etc. Here are just some of the ways in which tumble stones can be used.
- Use with spiritual energy work such as Reiki
- Crystal Healing methods
- Place them in table fountains, decorative bowls or vases
- Use as a “worry stone”
- Decorative paperweights
- Making jewellery
- Hot Rock Massage
- As an alternative to sweets at Halloween **NOTE** Young children may put these in their mouth, so be cautious about who you give them to.
- Cat toys as long as they are too big for kitty to swallow
- Gris-gris bags and medicine bags
- Gem Elixirs
- Stocking Stuffers
- Crystal Gridding
- Rituals, spells and other magical work
Q: What is a DT Quartz?
A: In Crystal magic, a “DT” Quartz is an abbreviated term for Double Terminated Quartz points, and this means there is a crystal has a point on both ends. Sometimes this happens as a result of nature, and more often a point breaks away from the cluster bed and the “broken” end can be reshaped into a rounded base, another point, or even a skull. A Double Terminated Quartz is a powerful tool due to it’s ability to draw energy from both ends simultaneously and project it out the other end after it has combined at the centre of the crystal.
Q: Why do I sometimes feel vulnerable after crystal healing?
A: In crystal Magic, after you have worked with crystals on a healing level you can be left feeling a little vulnerable because the crystal’s vibration opening up chakras that have been blocked, or have been freed from stagnant energy. After using crystals for long periods of time you become more aware out the energy of outside influences and energies; especially after having blocked chakras for a long time.
Q: I have seen crystal prescriptions online, what does it mean?
A: Much like a doctor prescribes you medications than can helps with an illness or an ailment, crystal prescriptions work on the same premise. You would look for what crystals can help with a certain ailment like fatigue for example, and then you would see which ones you feel drawn to.
I suffer with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or ME) which causes both extreme mental and physical tiredness. Hence, I look for crystals that have energising properties; I have found that Ametrine, Carnelian, Golden Calcite and Citrine are crystals that have worked the best for you. You may find other crystals for better for you. We are all vibrating at different frequencies, so the crystals that work for me, might not work for you.
Disclaimer. Crystal Magic cannot replace modern medicine!
Q: Is it true some crystals are toxic?
A: Yes, some crystals contain potentially harmful minerals, and some contain toxic minerals and should only be used in certain safe conditions. Everyone who practices crystal magic has to know this. Here are some examples.
- Chrysocolla contains Copper which is poisonous if it is ingested
- Lapis Lazuli contains Sulphur and Pyrite which is a form of iron.
- Malachite contains high amounts of Copper
- Labradorite contains varying amounts of Aluminium
- Tiger’s Eye contains Asbestos which is very toxic, especially in it’s raw form
- Stibnite is potentially a very toxic contain can contain Arsenic
- Aquamarine contains varying amounts of Aluminium
- Celestite contains Strontium.
There are many more crystals out there that contain potentially harmful minerals. These crystals potentially become their most dangerous is when use to create gem elixirs and tinctures.
Q: What is a Gem Elixir?
A: In Crystal Magic, a gem elixir, or crystal infused water, is where you charge water with the vibrational energy of a crystal, or a group of crystals. When you are making gem elixirs you need to think about what kind of crystals you are using, how you are going to make it, and how much you are going to need. There are two methods to creating Crystal Water and the method you use depends solely on the crystals you are wanting to use.
Some crystals can be damaged by water, and others have potentially harmful minerals. There is a popular rule of thumb, if it ends in “ITE” always use an indirect method of making Crystal Water. When I say “Indirect” I mean the crystal isn’t actually IN the water itself. I will do in further details later on. Members of the Quartz family are safe to be directly placed into the Water, however, if you are unsure, use the indirect method. Also, always research the crystal, and it’s properties before making Crystal Water with it. My theory about Gem Elixirs and Crystal Waters is that you only make what you are going to use. You don’t need to store it, as you have access to your crystals and water all the time, so make it up as and when you need it.
Q: How can I spot a fake crystal?
A: This can be a very hard topic to approach especially when it comes to buying crystals online. But I have found that there are 3 things that stick out among many of the complaints I have read on a variety of forums and online communities. I have also fallen victim to this myself a few times, but I no longer see it as a negative experience, because I can now use it has a teaching tool to help and guide others.
It’s really sad that there are people out there are trying to con loving and genuine people. i was looking for Singing Quartz before Yule and there was so many of the cheap (really cheap) quartz points, that looked way too good to be true. Here is a little guide to helping you root out the fakes.
- Price – If the price looks too good to be true, you can be fairly sure that it’s a fake. If you find a 12 inch clear quartz wand that has no blemishes for £10, don’t get caught up.
- China – If you’re looking at an item from China, I advise looking into who is selling it and where it is from originally. Not everything from china is a fake, but being prudent before you part with cash
- Colour – Look carefully at the colour of the item you’re thinking of purchasing. If it’s a) too clear, like water or even completely clear look into it. Unless it’s thousands of pounds, it may be faked or b) if it looks like it’s been dyed by an artificial dye, red, green, blue.
The biggest tip, is to do your research before you buy from unknown retailers online.
Q: Does dying the stone change it’s properties?
A: The answer is: it depends on who you ask, as to what answer you get. Some people believe that the dye can “ruin” the energy of the crystal, or that that due has no metaphysical properties as far as crystal magic is concerned.
On the other hand, in my experience (and that of others), the stone still has its base properties, but it also had the properties of the colour it’s been dyed. In my opinion, the best thing you can do to decide, is to work with the stone(s) and see how it feels to you. That way you’ll be able to make your own mind up. You may find that you can work with some dyed crystals and not with others. This is why it’s best to do a little work with them yourself.
Q: What is Solar Quartz?
A: If you ask me Solar Quartz is AWESOME!! True Crystal Magic! Solar Quartz is a natural agatized quartz that is sliced from stalactites in clear, white or grey, with mossy inclusions. As with all quartz it is an energy enhancer, connecting to spirit and harmony. Yes, Solar Quartz is said to bring emotional strength and uplifting with great power and energy.
Solar Quartz also has all the properties of clear quartz and is protective, purifying on spiritual, mental and physical levels, used to communicate with spirits and more. Moreover, Solar Quartz is associated with the crown chakra, but also works well on all chakras. Solar Quartz is often dyed vivid colours. Natural Solar Quartz does not have electric-looking colouring
Q: What is Druzy?
A: Druzy crystals are quite unique from other crystals. They are important in crystal magic too. They are like a ‘skin’ that has formed over another crystal or over a matrix. This skin of made up of tiny crystal that are super sparkly – I mean look at some of Google, aren’t they sooooooooo sparkly? Druzy forms on Quartzes, Agates and other crystals. Sometimes that Druzy has some away from it’s original crystal host, and is sometimes known as a “floater clusters”. For me they are just sparkly pieces of joy.
Q: What qualities do Seer Stones have?
A: Seer stones are another interesting topic of Crystal Magic. These stones are traditionally found in Brazil from the Ema River (hence the Ema Egg name). They are naturally tumbled by the river water and have a frosted outer coating. They have a slice taken away and a highly polished “window” into which you can gaze into, and learn the secrets that are held within the stone. Gain insight into your present, or learn of that is potentially in your future.
In Crystal Magic, it is said that these stone can activate memories from past lives, and have even helped those wishing to learn of their past lives, and the events of the past. Whatever you believe of these stones, whether they help you glimpse into the future, or to learn from the events in your soul’s past, these are powerful crystals, and should be respected. They hold truths deep within, and they can share this truth with you, ONLY if you are willing to take what they can teach you and use it to better yourself. Seer Stones are commonly available in 4 types, Amethyst, Rose Quartz, Smoky Quartz and Clear Quartz; but I have also seen Labradorite.
- Amethyst – Enhances psychic and channeling abilities. Calming, soothing and great for meditation.
- Quartz – Amplifies thought forms, has a full spectrum energy which activates all the levels of consciousness.
- Rose Quartz – Helps to clear away anger, resentment, guilt, fear, and jealousy. Cools hot tempers and help in the development of love and compassion.
- Smoky Quartz – Helps to dissolve subconscious blocks and transmutes negative energy on all levels. Enhances dream awareness and great for grounding and centering during meditation.
A: A Pendulum is literally a weight hung from a fixed point so that it can swing freely, and they can be made form almost anything, though crystal pendulums have become very popular in the last few decades, and as you see from the picture below, there are many styles and types available, and some are inexpensive. You can also get pendulums in wood or metal too. Pendulums are extremely useful tools of Crystal Magic although they require practice!