Crystal Magic’s Frequently Asked Questions.Since I became a qualified crystal healer here in the UK I have been inundated with questions about crystals and crystal healing. Make sure you check here for the ultimate list of Crystals and their powers. (You can find here part two)
**Disclaimer** Crystal healing is a complimentary healing method, and it is not a replacement for proper medical treatment. **Disclaimer**
Q: What crystals should I start my collection with?
A: This is one of the most commonly asked question asked about crystals, and it is a very simple question, with a very in depth answer. I could use a cop out and say, go with what feels right, but I don’t like it when I get that answer, so I am going to do the best I can to give at least an adequate answer.
Once you start collecting crystals it can turn into a very expensive and addicting habit, but it can be very rewarding as well.
I think the most all round crystal is Clear Quartz because it is essentially an energetic black canvas, and it can be programmed for pretty much anything. You can also use it to amplify the properties of other crystals.
Another good idea when starting a collection is to look at the crystals that correspond to each of the seven chakras.
Q: How did you start your collection?
A: I began my collection with Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Rose Quartz, Onyx, Red Jasper, Carnelion, Tigers Eye, Honey Calcite, Blue agate, Labradorite, Blue Lace Agate, Smokey Quartz, Snowflake Obsidian and Citrine, and over the years I have added to my collection….and then some. There are still pieces that I want.
Q: I was told I need to have this crystal and that crystal, is it true?
A: That would depend on you and on the crystal. There are a lot of crooks out there trying to sell below par crystals, fake crystals to try and catch people out. Personally being told that you need to have a crystal is complete hogwash, because unless you feel the need to get a crystal, or you are drawn to a crystal you don’t need to have anything.
Q: What crystals correspond to the chakras?
A: There are multiple crystals that correspond to each of the body’s energy centres. A witch who have mastered Crystal Magic knows how to heal the Chakras with crystals. Check out here if your Chakras are balanced. If not try these crystals)
* Earth Star Chakra – located between your feet – Boji stones are by far the best stone for the Earth Chakra, but it is hard to find a genuine pair, and when you do they are expensive; however Fire Agate, Brown Japers, Mahogany Obsidian and Smoky Quartz.
* Root Chakra – located at the base of the spine – Bloodstone, Darker shades of Carnelian, Red Jasper, Smoky Quartz and Black Tourmaline.
* Sacral Chakra – located over the abdomen – Lighter shades of Carnelian, Topaz, Orange Calcite and dark shades of Citrine.
* Solar Plexus Chakra – located above the belly button – Yellow Jasper, Tiger’s Eye, Citrine, Yellow Tourmaline, Golden Beryl and Smithstone.
* Heart Chakra – located over the heart – Rose Quartz, Green Quartz, Green Aventurine, Kunzite, Variscite, Muscovite, Red Calcite, Rhodonite, Watermelon Tourmaline, Pink Tourmaline, Ruby, and Peridot
* Higher Heart (Thymus) Chakra – located between the heart and the throat – Rose Quartz if you aren’t using it for the heart chakra, Dioptase, Kunzite, Malachite, Labradorite Green Calcite, Emerald, Green Kyanite
* Throat Chakra – located at the throat – Azurite, Turquoise, Aquamarine, Blue Topaz, Blue Tourmaline, Blue Calcite, Blue Obsidian, Petalite, Apatite and Blue Fluorite
* Third Eye Chakra – located on the forehead between the eyes – Sodalite, Lapis Lazuli, Purple Fluorite, Blue Sapphire, Azurite, Moldavite and Herkimer Diamond.
* Crown Chakra – located at the top of your head – Purple Sapphire, Lepidolite, Quartz, Clear Tourmaline, White Topaz, Red Serpentine, Amethyst, Auralite 23, Super Seven, Stitchite, Tanzanite and Iolite,
* Higher Crown Chakra – located about an inch above the head – Kunzite, Celestite, Selenite, Clear Calcite and Quartz
Q: Crystals are so expensive and I can’t afford them, what can I do?
A: Some crystals are on the expensive side, but some of them aren’t. I have tried to give you as much with both ranges so there is something for everyone. Not everyone has endless amount of spare change to spend on crystals, so always go with what you can afford. If you are really strapped for cash, go with Clear Quartz, because as I have said before, it can be programmed for a plethora of uses.Crystal Magic does not have to be expensive! (click here for more information about Witchcraft with a Penniless purse)
Q: What do the colours of crystals mean?
A: A crystals colour will help you decide how to use the crystals healing energy.(click here for Color Magic)
- Red – red crystals are warming, energizing and stimulating crystals that help to feed the muscular system energy it needs. The red stones can be used for Anemia, paralysis, depression, aches and pain in the lower back and upper legs. Moreover, red crystals are stones of strength and courage; they will help you through adversity by providing energy for fortitude and perseverance.
- Orange – orange stones help by providing energy to the digestive system, but also help with problems such as exhaustion and a low functioning immune system. It is believed that Orange crystals are good for working with issues such as kidney dysfunction, infertility and menstrual cramps. Furthermore Orange crystal energy is an expanding type of energy and can force out negative energies from the body. Orange brings a bit of warm energy to the cold winter months, helps to calm intense emotions, and brings a little joy.
- Yellow – yellow crystal’s energy acts as a mental stimulant and helps you to be a little bit more flexibly with your thoughts and thought processes, it will also helps when you are being indecisive. It’s known that Yellow crystals are uplifting, empowering and revitalizing after a down period.
- Green – green crystals help to balance out the circulatory system, relax the heart, especially after a shock. The Green crystal energy connects you to other forms of life such as trees and plants, and helps opening the heart to sympathy and compassion of other forms of life. Moreover Green is closely connected to abundance, and working with green crystals can attract many different kinds of abundance, and not just monetary gain.
- Blue – blue crystals are soothing, cooling and calming. They can help cooler heads to prevail when things get a little hairy. According to mysticism, Blue crystals help to put you in touch with your intuition. They are a crystal of inspiration and work on healing the self from the inside.
- Indigo – Indigo crystals reflect a very powerful colour and is cooling to the system. Indigo stones are powerful healers for pain and purifiers of the body. The Indigo crystals help to improve and increase your perception in spiritual matters, seeing into oneself and they make excellent aura protectors.
- Violet – Violet crystals bring inspiration, dedication creativity and links right through the endocrine system. Also, Violet crystal are great for mental health conditions like anxiety and depression. Violet crystal help to restore a sense of peace, calm and tranquility to oneself.
- Black – black crystals bring an grounded energy, and help you to alleviate yourself of excess energy. Black crystal are powerful protective stones, and they help to bring to light deeper truths, inner knowledge that there is light in the darkest places. They bring a sense of emotional security, which allows one to open oneself up to new experiences and adventures.
Q: What does it mean when a crystal is “organic in origin”?
A: When a website says a crystal is “Organic in Origin” they are on about crystals that have formed from another natural substance. Amber is fossilised resin from the Pine tree, and it takes millsions of years to form into what we know today. Coral is another that isn’t from the mineral kingdom, it was actually a living, breathing organism. Pearls are also an organic stone as it is formed when a parasite gets into an oyster, mussel or clam’s shell and to protect the living creature it covers the parasite in a fluid, and it is from this fluid forming layers over the irritant a pearl is formed.
Q: What are more affordable versions of the precious stones?
A witch can be creative with Crystal Magic. There are many varieties of precious stones, but the “Big Six” areas follows…
- Diamond which can be replaced with Quartz
- Sapphire which can be replaced with Lapis Lazuli
- Emerald which can be replaced with Diopside
- Ruby which can be replaced by Garnet
- Pearls which can be replaced with Moonstone
- Opals which can be replaced with common opals, which are normally lower grade than the precious variety.
Q: When do I cleanse my crystals?
A: In crystal Magic, Cleansing your crystals regularly is really important. Most crystals need to be cleansed regularly because they will become “clogged” with energy and won’t work effectively. Some crystals like Carnelian and Selenite are self cleansing. When crystals feel like they are heavy or you can’t feel their energy reacting with your own energy. When you buy new crystals it is always a wise idea to cleanse the stone before you start working with it. If you regularly use your crystals for healing it is prudent to thoroughly cleanse and purify them before they are used for another client or healing session.
Q: How do I cleanse my crystals?
A: There are many different ways to cleanse your crystals, and some crystals will react well to certain methods, but there are certain crystals you have to be careful with when using some methods. (Check out here for more information on how to Cleanse and Revive your Crystals) .To be sure on how to cleanse your Crystals without damaging it, ask the one you bought it from for directions.
- You can leave your stones in the ground overnight
- Wash in the sea, or in pure water which you have added a teaspoon of sea salt to for a few hours **note** this is not a suitable method for crystals that can be damaged by water.
- Wash your crystals under the tap and the time you leave it there is something that can be done intuitively. **note** this is not a suitable method for crystals that can be damaged by water.
- Place crystal in a tumbler of water and add a few drops of “Bach’s Flower Rescue Remedy” **note** this is not a suitable method for crystals that can be damaged by water.
- Hold the crystal with in the smoke of the incense or a smudge stick. Herbs such as Sage, Frankincense and Sandalwood are good for cleansing and purifying crystals.
- Place smaller crystals or crystal jewellery on a crystal cluster to cleanse them. Place bigger crystal inside a circle of quartz points. Selenite and Carnelian are good choices as they will absorb the energy and then self-cleanse.
- The vibrations of pure sound can energetically cleanse a stone mineral or crystal. A bell, gong, singing bowl or a tuning fork are fabulous for this type of cleansing.
With practice you will be able to cleanse crystals through visualisation alone. Place the crystal in your left and make sure that it is facing away from you, you do this so you are turning any stored negativity away from you. Still your mind and breathe deeply for a few minutes. Ask the crystal to be free from negative energy and to be cleansed or purified. Visualise that all the negative energy is being sucked out from the crystal by a cosmic hoover to be carried away.
** After methods 2, 3 and 4 leave the crystals out in the sunshine to dry